Proverbs Page 1
- What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
- Every patient is a doctor after his cure.
- Neither give cherries to pigs nor advice to a fool
- Soft words butter no parsnips but they won't harden the heart of the cabbage either.
- You'll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.
- There are finer fish in the sea than have ever been caught
- A tyrone woman will never buy a rabbit without a head for fear its a cat
- A windy day is not the day for thatching
- The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke
- Marriages are all happy its having breakfast together that causes all the trouble
- A scholars ink lasts longer than a martyrs blood
- Take gifts with a sigh most men give to be paid
- A turkey never voted for an early Christmas
- What butter and whiskey will not cure there's no cure for
- The Irish forgive their great men when they are safely buried.
- The longest road out is the shortest road home.
- The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune
- Its no use boiling your cabbage twice
- There's no need to fear the wind if your haystacks are tied down.
- Do not mistake a goats beard for a fine stallions tail
- Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.
- If you lie down with dogs you'll rise with fleas.
- A wild goose never reared a tame gosling.
- A boys best friend is his mother and there's no spancel stronger than her apron string.
- There never was an old slipper but there was an old stocking to match it
Proverbs Page 2
Click To Let Your Friends Know About This Site
If your Felling Lucky Visit Casinos.Net
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.