Proverbs Page 4
- Patience is a virtue that causes no shame
- Time and Patience would bring the snail to Jerusalem
- Everyone praises his native land.
- Nobody ever bought peace but the man who hadn't got it.
- Peace (quietness) is worth buying.
- The world's quiet and the pig is in the sty
- Least said soonest mended
- No matter who succeeds or fails, the peacemaker will always suffer
- To the fighting man peace is sure
- The end of a feast is better than the beginning of a fight
- An eye is blind in another man's corner
- One eye in the orner is sharper than two about the house
- He's more to be pitied than laughed at.
- Don't tell your complaint to one who has no pity
- A poem ought to be well made at first, for there is many a one to spoil it afterwards.
- It's better than it's want
- Have it yourself, or else do without it
- Better the certainty of the straddle (packsaddle) than the mere loan of a saddle
- Possession is nine-tenths of the law
- Better own a trifle than want a great deal
- A wren in the hand is better than a crane to be caught.
- Possession satisfies
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- It's better than the loan you couldn't get
- Half a loaf is better than no bread
- A live dog is better than a dead lion
- A trout in the pot is better than a salmon in the sea.
- Put a beggar on horseback and he'll ride to hell
- Put a beggar on horseback and he'll go on a gallop.
Proverbs Page 5
Click To Let Your Friends Know About This Site
If your Felling Lucky Visit Casinos.Net
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.